[LDAPCon 2015] Draft tutorial programme

Andrew Findlay andrew.findlay at skills-1st.co.uk
Tue Aug 4 13:32:46 CEST 2015

Here is the draft tutorial programme:

Draft Tutorial Programme for LDAPCon 2015

09:00   Registration + Coffee
09:30   Welcome
09:40   LDAP Basics (Andrew Findlay or other LDAP regular)
10:10   The LDAP Directory Schema: a guide for the newcomer (Giovanni Baruzzi)
11:15   Coffee
11:30   Active Directory as a powerful LDAP server: the unknown tips (Alban Meunier)
12:15   Lunch
13:15   Parallel Sessions
        (a)     Applying End-to-End Security Across a Java Web Environment Using LDAP and Apache Fortress (Shawn McKinney)
        (b)     Use ACI/ACL to move fast to a stronger and safer directory (Alban Meunier)
15:15   Tea
15:30   Parallel Sessions
        (a)     Configuring and Securing 389 (Amita Sharma)
        (b)     Install and configure web2ldap on your own device (Michael Ströder)
17:30   Close

What I am trying to do here is to cover a wide range of levels, from
'just heard of LDAP' up to 'need to do something quite advanced'.
I would like to make this available for free to Edinburgh students
and staff.

I am wondering whether I have put the right things in parallel though
- would it be better to run the two intro sessions against one of the
more advanced topics (Shawn's for example)? If so, should we aim for
a more obvious 'beginners track/advanced track'?

Thoughts?

Andrew