[LDAPCon 2015] The state of the conference

Andrew Findlay andrew.findlay at skills-1st.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 13:33:44 CET 2015

I will be on holiday in New Zealand from 15th Feb to 14th March and will
have limited access to e-mail during that time so here is a summary of
the state of preparations:

Call for Papers: issued
	A handful of proposals are already in.
	I suggest we look at what we have in mid-March, pick a few must-have
	papers, and use the titles in a round of reminders to the community to
	submit more proposals.

Venue: booked

Website: live, with initial content.
	This is based on Wordpress so we can have as many contributors
	as we need. Please contact me or heiko.huetter at daasi.de if you
	want an account.
	We have the top position on Google for 'ldap conference' and 'ldapcon'

Social media:
	We have presence on Twitter, Lanyrd, Facebook and Google+
	Not sure how best to handle LinkedIn: I posted to the LDAP Experts
	group, but the post got labelled as a promotion (correct I suppose)
	so it shows up in a slightly obscure tab. Should we register the
	conference for a company page?

Budget:
	Kimball has another conference to run shortly so don't expect
	much detail until that is done.
	We have several offers of sponsorship so we need to think about
	what can be sponsored and how much the contributions should be.
	Budget items to consider:
		Catering
		Conference dinner
		Contribution to student fund in lieu of venue hire fee
		Accommodation costs for speakers who cannot claim from their
		own employer
		Conference merchandise
		Printed proceedings??

Conference dinner: