[LDAPCon 2015] Draft Call for Papers

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Jan 23 19:00:36 CET 2015

Andrew,

Andrew Findlay wrote:
> Here is the first draft of the call for papers.

thanks for working on this so quick.
I agree with most of it.

> Deadlines & Important Dates
>
>     Submission Deadline: 6th September 2015
>     Author Notification: 28th September 2015

Isn't that a bit late?
The final program is *the* premise for people booking the event. We have to do
some PR work which takes time.
And employees probably have to ask their boss for traveling budget etc.

=> IMO the program should be on-line at *least* 2,5 months before the event.

> Main presentations should last about 45 minutes including discussion;
> we will also provide smaller slots of 15 minutes and 5 minutes for
> lightning talks.

I'm not sure whether 5 min talks makes sense. IMHO they don't.

> For the conference proceedings we expect you to submit a paper (not just
> slides, please)

We never demanded that yet. Some people might be discouraged by having the
extra work.

Ciao, Michael.