[LDAPCon 2015] Draft Call for Papers

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Jan 23 20:13:08 CET 2015

Andrew Findlay wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 07:00:36PM +0100, Michael Ströder wrote:
> How about this:
>
> Submission Deadline: 28th June
> Author Notification: 10th July
> Publish draft programme: 3rd August

Publish draft programme a bit earlier.
The last times working out the programme after reviewing submissions did not
take so long.

> I would
> probably expect to start hitting mailing lists and trade press at the
> start of September

Ok.

> (no point in letting announcements sink in a pile
> of other stuff while people are on holiday).

In Germany the summer holidays are spread across the federal states in the
period until mid of September. So there's not a really good date when to begin.
=> don't be too late with conference PR

>> I'm not sure whether 5 min talks makes sense. IMHO they don't.
>
> Maybe we take them out of the CfP but leave a space in the programme
> for people to do 'hot topic' short talks.

It was just my personal opinion. You can leave it in and we'll see what comes in.

Ciao, Michael.