[LDAPCon 2015] Conference budget

Andrew Findlay andrew.findlay at skills-1st.co.uk
Wed Jul 15 23:29:34 CEST 2015

On 15 Jul 2015 6:58 pm, Matthew Hardin <mhardin at symas.com> wrote:

> My opinion is that the cost for a Platinum sponsorship was too high for the size of the conference. I also recall that there were no takers for Platinum last time, and we should factor that into this year’s sponsorship pricing.

Agreed.

> Platinum - 2,500 €
> Gold - 1000 €
> Silver - 500 €
>
> The lower-priced Silver tier would probably attract sponsors who felt that the previous cost for a Silver sponsorship was out of their reach. It’s also likely that, to the benefit of the conference, lower pricing will be attractive to more sponsors.

Good point. We need to come up with a sensible package at each level to make this work. In 2013 about half the income came from sponsorship. One thing we can offer is space for commercial posters (I am planning to push the idea of technical posters quite hard for presenters and delegates so this follows nicely).

> I could also see an upward adjustment of these figures by 250 € without too much harm:
>
> Platinum - 2,750 €
> Gold - 1250 €
> Silver - 750 €
>
> Thoughts?

Bear in mind that the budget this year is in Pounds Sterling. I am quite happy to talk in Euros but we must remember that the Pound is quite strong at present so costs will look higher this time around. Our costs will be in Pounds so I think it best to price things in Pounds too. Today €1 is about £0.70 so your second suggestion comes out something like:

Silver £500
Gold £900
Platinum £2000

I suspect we will have to charge VAT to UK sponsors, but that should not be an issue to VAT-registered entities.

Andrew

Sent from my pocket. May contain typos.