[LDAPCon 2015] Dinner venues

Stephen Quinney squinney at inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 16 16:23:48 CEST 2015

I've been doing some research into possible dinner venues. There are
lots of options, I've tried to restrict it those which are fairly
close to the Informatics Forum and are also likely to be affordable.

Here's a few thoughts of venues:

The Hub          - http://www.thehub-edinburgh.com/
Royal Society    - https://www.royalsoced.org.uk/
Dovecot Studios  - https://dovecotstudios.com/
Surgeons Hall    - http://www.surgeonshall.com/ - likely to be very expensive
Playfair Library - part of the university so cheaper but probably restricted to uni caterers

I've contacted all of these for prices and menus and will visit the
best.

Kimball has previously visited The Hub and Doveot Studios when we
looked for venues for the 2012 FLOSSUK conference. I think we liked
them both at the time. In the end we chose The Caves -
http://unusualvenuesedinburgh.com/ - which is incredible but the
minimum required number is 60 which is likely to be too high for us.

There are also a couple of restaurants which come highly recommended
by other people in my school who have hosted conferences. The Cellar
Door - http://www.thecellardooredinburgh.com/ - and Howies -
http://www.howies.uk.com/waterloo-place-edinburgh/ - both do good
Scottish food.

I'll followup when I get more details.

Stephen

--
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.