[LDAPCon 2015] Dinner venues

Stephen Quinney squinney at inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 30 11:18:08 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 03:23:48PM +0100, Stephen Quinney wrote:
> I've been doing some research into possible dinner venues. There are
> lots of options, I've tried to restrict it those which are fairly
> close to the Informatics Forum and are also likely to be affordable.
>
> Here's a few thoughts of venues:
>
> The Hub          - http://www.thehub-edinburgh.com/
> Royal Society    - https://www.royalsoced.org.uk/
> Dovecot Studios  - https://dovecotstudios.com/
> Surgeons Hall    - http://www.surgeonshall.com/ - likely to be very expensive
> Playfair Library - part of the university so cheaper but probably restricted to uni caterers

Here's what I've found. At some level this choice could come down to
how much we think we can spend. The venues are all impressive and are
likely to all be good. If we need to spend less then the Cellar Door
restaurant will do excellent food.

The Hub
=======

Details attached. I'm going to see this venue this afternoon. Details
are:

Dinner Package @ £55.00 + VAT per person, based on minimum numbers of
40 guests, to include: Use of Dunard Library from 7pm till
midnight. 1 x glass of sparkling wine on arrival, 3 course dinner +
tea/coffee, ½ bottle house wine with dinner

Royal Society
=============

Not available for our dates.

Surgeons Hall

Details attached. Note that it mentions 12th October which was a
mistake, they are available for our dates. Main details are: £400
venue hire, dinner from £35 per person, wine from £17 a bottle.

Dovecot Studios

Details attached. There is a choice of caterers, I've not contacted
any of them yet. The venue hire would be £800.

--
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.