[LDAPCon 2015] Conference budget and sponsorship levels

Andrew Findlay andrew.findlay at skills-1st.co.uk
Fri Jul 31 12:43:36 CEST 2015

Time to get this tied down! Here is what I propose for the sponsorship packages:

Silver
* £500
* Logo on the website (sponsors page)
* Logo on all communication media
* 1 display board for commercial posters
* 2 free entry tickets

Gold
* £1000
* Logo on the website (sponsors page)
* Logo on all communication media
* 2 display boards for commercial posters
* 4 free entry tickets
* Booth (table) in the conference hall for commercial offerings, job offers, demos, etc.

Platinum
* £2000
* Logo on the website (sponsors and welcome page)
* Logo on all communication media
* 4 display boards for commercial posters
* 6 free entry tickets
* Booth (table) in the conference hall for commercial offerings, job offers, demos, etc.
* A 2 minutes speech slot during the opening keynote

In terms of income to the conference we can compare those packages with the
cost of the tickets they include. Assuming similar ticket prices to 2013
(Full £175, Earlybird £125) we get:

Silver: £500 - 2*£175 = £150 (or £250 if we use the Earlybird rate)
Gold: £1000 - 4*£175 = £300 (or £500 if we use the Earlybird rate)
Platinum: £2000 - 6*£175 = £950 (or £1250 if we use the Earlybird rate)

Sponsors should e-mail their preferred logo in a range of sizes
including one for the website (max 100x200 pixels). Once payment
reaches UKUUG we will add the logo and link to the website.

Does that look OK?

Kimball: what is the VAT situation here? I assume we would charge VAT
to UK entities, but I am not sure how this would be treated for EU and
for non-EU entities. I am pretty sure that tickets get VAT charged for
everyone as the service is delivered in the UK, but sponsorship may
come under a different rule. We need to be clear on the actual cost in
the information we send to potential sponsors.

Andrew