[LDAPCon 2015] News on the organization?

Andrew Findlay andrew.findlay at skills-1st.co.uk
Fri Jun 5 19:51:00 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 06:07:03PM +0200, Clément OUDOT wrote:

> I would like to have some news on the organization of the LDAPCon. The
> deadline for talk submission will soon be here, maybe we need to send
> a message on social networks to remind it? (I can take care of that)

Yes please - this seems like a good time to drum up some more
interest.

> I do not see on the website any sponsor, is it planned to have some? I
> know some companies that would like to be involved in this event.

What we need first is a budget. I know Kimball has recently moved
house which is why we have not heard much from him, but it is time to
make progress.

Kimball: could you circulate an outline of the budget please?

> If you need help on any subject, please ask!

Yes - it would be useful to know how many people attended the event
that you ran in Paris, how many of those were fee-paying delegates,
how many were free (authors, organisers etc) and how many came under
sponsorship deals.

Kimball again: the 2013 sponsorship page is here:

http://ldapcon.org/2013/ldapcon_2013_sponsoring.pdf

Andrew