[LDAPCon 2015] Keynote speaker?

Andrew Findlay andrew.findlay at skills-1st.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 16:37:17 CEST 2015

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 07:59:21AM -0500, Matthew Hardin wrote:

> I think someone who represents a large-scale user of LDAP and can speak to the position LDAP technology has in the enterprise would be a good fit. Any thoughts?
>
> Is there any budget allocated for travel/hotel? That would make it easier to get someone from the US.

There wasn't a budget specifically for the keynote as there wasn't a
keynote in the original plan! Having said that, we can probably find
some budget provided bookings keep coming in. How much do you think we
will need?

I see the ForgeRock Identity Summits are about to start. Maybe Ludo
can suggest a keynote speaker who has been successful there?

One name that comes to mind is David Goodman. He was involved in the
early stages of the PARADISE project, became chairman of EEMA, and
consults on subscriber data management for some of the big telcos.
He worked for Metamerge, IBM, Lotus, and several other big names.
What is more, he lives in Scotland!

	https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/david-goodman/0/59/34b

David could give a very good keynote. I will see if he is interested.

Andrew