[Fim4l] Statistics issue use-case

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Fri Apr 5 18:24:10 CEST 2019

* Peter <peter.gietz at daasi.de> [2019-04-05 18:13]:
> How are we to fix such issues? Should we have sentences like
> "publishers who push for FIM should also align their software
> offerings accordingly"

I don't even understand why they should be able to provide such stats
for non-personally identifiable access from IP ranges but not for
non-personally identifiable access from any IP address but authorised
by a SAML IDP:
In both cases they have the client IP addresses, in both cases they
need to perform authorisation checks (IP, SAML attribute), in both
cases they lack an identifier to reliably map access requests to
individuals.

The ask would therefore be to fix the system to provide stats
consistently, no matter the access method. Because there's no
technical reason this couldn't be done in those two scenarios.

-peter