[Fim4l] Statistics issue use-case

Bernd Oberknapp bo at ub.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Apr 9 13:41:01 CEST 2019

Hi,

I wouldn't mix authorization and breaking down the usage.

Some libraries/customers might need the usage broken down at the faculty
level, some might need the usage broken down at the institute level or
by other criteria, and some might even need the usage broken down by
user (for example some coporate libraries).

The RA21 corporate pilot final report mentions a schacLocalReportingCode
attribute that should be used for this purpose. I think a separate
attribute for this purpose that could be used consistently across all
content providers would be a good idea (I remember discussions about
this idea from more than 10 years ago...). The content provider then
simply could use that attribute for breaking down the usage and don't
care about the level.

If there is enough support from content providers for this idea, we
could ask COUNTER to add a reserved element/column for breaking down the
Master Reports by this attribute (I'm a member of the COUNTER Executive
Committee and the COUNTER Technical Advisory Group, so I could do that).

Best regards,
Bernd

--
Bernd Oberknapp
Gesamtleitung ReDI

Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
Universitätsbibliothek
Platz der Universität 2 | Postfach 1629
D-79098 Freiburg        | D-79016 Freiburg

Telefon:  +49 761 203-3852
Telefax:  +49 761 203-3987
E-Mail:   bo at ub.uni-freiburg.de
Internet: www.ub.uni-freiburg.de