[Fim4l] Statistics issue use-case

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Wed Apr 10 10:09:31 CEST 2019

* Nick Roy <nroy at internet2.edu> [2019-04-09 23:02]:
> This group may want to consider creating a parallel entity category
> for access to electronic periodicals/other library resources.

Well, as long as the existing methods to express a service's
data/attribute requirements suffice (i.e., RequestedAttribute and
maybe NameIDFormat in SAML Metadata) I'm not sure a category is
warranted.

Other than that: We've tried and made zero progress/inroads with that:
https://wiki.refeds.org/display/ENT/Library-Affiliation
(See the proposal in the comments about unifying the two
categories/aspects discussed in the main wiki page)

But I'm happy to reopen that discussion, esp. if there are new
insights or more concrete use-cases not satisfactorily being dealt
with today coming from this group and/or out of the RA21 effort.

-peter