[Fim4l] Participants of FIM4L - list update

Nick Roy nroy at internet2.edu
Mon Apr 15 21:33:10 CEST 2019

Hi everyone,

My name is Nick Roy, I’m the Director of Technology and Strategy at InCommon, the US entity that runs the InCommon SAML trust federation, serving the US research and education community. I’ve been involved with RA21 since its inception. Before I started working at InCommon in 2015, I was an identity and access management architect and director at two big US research universities (University of Iowa and Penn State). In my work at those schools, I spent a lot of time working to get access to scholarly materials moved to a federated model. I’m interested in making access to scholarly materials easier for end-users, and leveraging the existing work on federation trust models in the R&E sector to help make that happen.

It’s fine to include my name and organization (Internet2, which runs InCommon) in the working group materials. I will try to limit my contributions, since I am one of the fed operator/technical voices. I won’t be able to participate regularly in working group calls, but am happy to help with this effort where I can.

Best,

Nick