[Fim4l] Statistics issue use-case

Jos Westerbeke jos.westerbeke at eur.nl
Thu Apr 25 10:47:49 CEST 2019

On 24/04/2019, 17:52, peter.schober at univie.ac.at> wrote:

    Also note that nothing in this thread relates to the subject topic
    (statistics, reporting) in the least. This is all still about
    authorisation.

It's about authorisation, yes. But I think this also relates to giving the SP the ability to build statistics.

Peter G. wrote about the initial question from Jiri: "Should we also write a recommendation for publishers?"

I would suggest to do that. Maybe just optional. At least to make awareness of the advances of exchanging attributes like student/staff, faculty, etc. in the right (privacy preserving) way. Whether a library may use it or not. Publishers definitely would like this. Some guidance from this group would be appreciated by publishers I think.

cheers,
Jos