[Fim4l] Statistics issue use-case

Peter Gietz peter.gietz at daasi.de
Fri Apr 26 18:24:15 CEST 2019

Hi Peter S.

Thanks for the detailed comments on entity categories.

Just some remarks:

* another advantage of entity categories is that you need not configure
release policies for every single SP but rather for a group of SPs

* the reason for an entity category for coco supporting publishers was
rather to prevent the release of personal attributes than to further it
(the later can be done by the Coco entity category)

* I would propose to postpone the "below-whole-institution"-level
contracts use case until libraries and/or publishers on this list state
that this is a real world use case now or potentially in future. I must
confess I had second thoughts about this and may be the restriction of
access only for sub groups of an higher ed institution might not be
inline with freedom of research, why shouldn't e.g. a neuroscientist
(life science) not be interested in resources on religious extasy
practices (humanities). The only real world use case could be study
material for students of particular fields. I just brought this up,
because it could be in the interest of libraries to spend less money on
a license if the user group is restricted.
@all: are you aware of use cases like that?

* and yes the discussion on entity categories could be done on a more
technical oriented list first to stop boring the majority on this list.

Cheers,
Peter

--

Peter Gietz, CEO