[Fim4l] Fwd: GetFTR

Bernd Oberknapp bo at ub.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Dec 4 22:58:41 CET 2019

Using just the entitlement information from the publishers' websites
isn't sufficient, since many full texts are licensed on other platforms,
especially aggregators like EBSCO or ProQuest. So unless aggregators
take part (which seems very unlikely for EBSCO and ProQuest since they
have their own discovery platforms) or link resolvers are integrated,
users won't have access to large parts of the licensed content via
GetFTR. Google Scholar covers lots of publishers, also provides access
to free versions and integrates link resolvers, so I'm wondering why
users should switch from Google Scholar (or a discovery tool provided by
the library) to GetFTR?

Best regards,
Bernd

--
Bernd Oberknapp
Gesamtleitung ReDI

Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
Universitätsbibliothek
Platz der Universität 2 | Postfach 1629
D-79098 Freiburg        | D-79016 Freiburg

Telefon:  +49 761 203-3852
Telefax:  +49 761 203-3987
E-Mail:   bo at ub.uni-freiburg.de
Internet: www.ub.uni-freiburg.de