[Fim4l] Fwd: GetFTR

Boheemen, Peter van peter.vanboheemen at wur.nl
Thu Dec 5 10:37:53 CET 2019

I do see some other flaws:

  *   If I understand this well, it will only work for publications that have a doi. Unfortunately that is not the case for every e-publication, and not every discovery layer has got the doi for each publication in its meta data
  *   It only works for publishers and integrators that support federated authentication and will join the common GFTR environment. Harder to implement for small publishers
  *   It only seems to work in discovery layers that themselves support Federated authentication, since they have tp provide the user affiliation to the GFTR API’s. I do not think that Google Scholar will give up authenticating by google over authenticating by distributed Identity providers.
  *   Will it be easy to join the GFTR environment ? Not only for aggregators and small publishers but also for libraries to for example offer links to content in their repositories for example

Peter

      Drs. P.J.C. van Boheemen
     MDT Library
     FB – Information Technology
     Wageningen University & Research
     tel. +31 317 48 25 17
     FORUM, building 102
     Droevendaalseseteeg 2, 6708 PB, Wageningen