[Fim4l] Scopus

Raoul Teeuwen raoul.teeuwen at surfnet.nl
Sat Jul 20 22:40:40 CEST 2019

On 20/07/2019, 13:25, "FIM4L on behalf of Peter Schober" <fim4l-bounces at lists.daasi.de on behalf of peter.schober at univie.ac.at> wrote:

    * Jos Westerbeke <jos.westerbeke at eur.nl> [2019-07-19 19:23]:
    > I think we (Erasmus University) have such a 'Recommendation 5b' example with ScienceDirect.
    >
    > We exchange the urn:mace:dir:attribute-def:eduPersonTargetedID
    > attribute (Persistant Identifier) with Elsevier.

    JFYI, if this is using the SAML 2.0 protocol then the above is not
    legal according to the relevant specification governing use of
    eduPerson attributes within SAML:
    These attribute names were already declared "legacy names" (section
    2.2.1) even for use with SAML 1.x back in 2008 when the MACE-Dir SAML
    Attribute Profiles[1] were published, but for SAML 2.0 "[t]he legacy
    names assigned for use with the SAML 1.x attribute profile MUST NOT be
    used with this profile" (section 3.2, p.11, lines 367f)

    If not even our own community (!) adheres to our own community
    standards (!) then it's no wonder this is all such a big mess...

Hi Peter. I'm told you have been discussing this in the past, and apparently the Dutch federation team sees it differently than you. Maybe not repeat that discussion on this list.