[Fim4l] Scopus

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Wed Jul 24 16:25:37 CEST 2019

* Jiri Pavlik <jiri.pavlik at mzk.cz> [2019-07-24 10:53]:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 3:57 PM Peter Schober <peter.schober at univie.ac.at> wrote:
> > From a quick look that's a bit more than a third of our IDPs (19
> > out of 55 production IDPs), which still is higher than the current
> > count in eduGAIN (720 out of 3062, so less than a fourth of the
> > IDPs).
>
> I can see a way ahead here:
>
> - Encourage IdPs to release persistent NameID for Elsevier SP.

We've been doing that all along, which brought us to the current
status quo you quoted above (about 2/3 of our IDPs not supporting
persistent NameIDs, nor their modern-day replacement, pairwise-id).
Not sure what else we should do.
So any good ideas about steps "ahead" stop right there: We tried your
step 1, but that only brought us 1/3 of the IDPs (plus the estimated
number of false negatives).

We might be able to introduce a few high-visibility (non-library) SPs
that require/mandate use of pairwise-id and so would help widen
adoption. (For eduPersonTargetedID that comes too late, I wouldn't
want to promote new deployments of that.)
But then we'd have a hypothetical 100% of IDPs supporting pairwise-id
against roughly 0% of (library) SPs supporting it, so that also
wouldn't change anything even medium-term.

-peter