[Fim4l] initial questions

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Mon Mar 18 10:24:28 CET 2019

Dear all,

I've recently subscribed to this list due to Raoul dropped its short
name (FIM4L) on another mailing list and from then finding a czech
language presentations on the Internet with contained links to this
mailing list.

The "charter" document referenced by Jiří yesterday answers a few of
my questions with regard to the background (and possibly funding) of
this effort but raises others (E.g. Why is this not a REFEDS Working
Group? How come the identity federation community at large has never
heard of this and has not been given a chance to provide input but
eduGAIN, GEANT and REFEDS are already listed as "parties involved in
this effort"? etc.)

Both the charter and especially the "FIM4L guidelines and
recommendations" documents referenced in the mail yesterday are
fraught with issues, IMHO, both substantial and structural/editorial.

So how do you want to handle this? Should I wait like everyone else
who hasn't been invited into this effort until you consider those
documents ready for wider publication? Or do you want to gather more
input now -- but then why limit that additional input to myself only
because I've managed to even find this list and not the wider
community?

Best regards,
-peter