[Fim4l] CoCo / attributes for authorization

Raoul Teeuwen raoul.teeuwen at surfnet.nl
Thu Mar 21 15:02:50 CET 2019

Although the opinion of librarians is more relevant: thank you 2 Peters for the discussion!!! Thank you for the summary as well. I think I read Peter S would rather recommend pairwise subjectID, with targetedID as 2nd best for as long SP’s are not able to use the recommended id? So those should be switched in the summary below?

Kindest regards,

Raoul
 tel:+31641195989

On 21/03/2019, 14:57, "FIM4L on behalf of Peter Gietz" <fim4l-bounces at lists.daasi.de<mailto:fim4l-bounces at lists.daasi.de> on behalf of peter.gietz at daasi.de<mailto:peter.gietz at daasi.de>> wrote:

To summarize:

In our recommendations:

* we will reflect single and multiple contract cases

* we will recommend common-lib-terms entitlement and scoped affiliation

* we will recommend targetedID quoting chapter 2.2.11 of eduperson201602
(https://wiki.refeds.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38895708#eduPerson(201602)-eduPersonTargetedID)
and its follow up attribute pairwise subjectID quoting chapter 3.4. of
the January 2019 specification
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml-subject-id-attr/v1.0/saml-subject-id-attr-v1.0.pdf)

* we will address the fears of the library community and take over the
reasonable privacy related recommendations found in blogs from that
community

It wasn't that stressful after all to reach so much consensus between us.

@all can this be regarded as list consensus or are there more comments?

Cheers,

Peter  G.