[Fim4l] FIM4L guidelines

Gragert, Gerrit gerrit.gragert at sbb.spk-berlin.de
Fri May 17 12:30:48 CEST 2019

Hi,

> 1.) First of all, that was my major point, we need to separate
> publishers from research infrastructures and I think we can do it via
> R&S entity category
>
> SP with R&S = research infrastructure that may get more personal data.
> SPs of publishers will not be able to categorise as R&S

I'm absolutely fine with that.

> Our use case is IMO more straight forward: One IdP communicates
> with one or more publisher SPs, and the latter only need to know
> attributes that are known to the IdP. Thus group information would
> rather be "students in the faculty X", or "staff working in Department
> Y" and not "researcher working in Project Z"

That's also okay for me. Although I think R&S and publisher SPs may fuse in some cases in the future. But I see that nowadays it's more import to get FIM in libraries started at all, so I agree to focus the guidelines on this point. Maybe we can put a sentence or two about that focus in the guidelines? I'll think about it and make a suggestion in the document.

> 4.) Another preliminary remark: FIM4L does not want to write guidelines
> to all IDP operators, but only for the library part, i.e. for the policy
> concerning publisher SPs. Thus we might leave out the discussion of R&S,
> may be with the exception of writing, that we understand that commercial
> publishers will not flag their SP with R&S category.

I'll consider this in my suggestion.

> Is there consensus about the above  proposal?

Consent from my side.

Best,
Gerrit

--
Gerrit Gragert, M.A.
Ltg. IT-Services fuer die Digitale Bibliothek

Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Preußischer Kulturbesitz
Potsdamer Str. 33
10785 Berlin

Tel.: +49 30 266-43 22 30
Fax: +49 30 266-33 20 01