[Fim4l] Hello and brief intro

Raoul Teeuwen raoul.teeuwen at surfnet.nl
Sat Sep 7 14:05:44 CEST 2019

Hi Chris.

Welcome, great you’re on board ...

Not to ‘welcome’ you with a potential unpleasant discussion, and i do not know what you heard about the discussion after people saw what buttons Elsevier has put online at ScienceDirect, but: do you see any possibiity to either roll back the changes in access/sign in-buttons to a previous version (and maybe 1st have a discussion with people in the identity and access management field, or fix the current situation? Or is this a case of Elsevier balancing all aspects, of which ‘strategies to make money’ of course is one, which leads to, accorinding to many in our field, the strange current UI/UX? Redefining ‘access’ and ‘sign in’, and argumenting that it’s just a matter of users getting used to that, sounds a bit ... ‘unreal’...

With kindest regards, met vriendelijke groet,

Raoul
 tel:+31641195989

On 06/09/2019, 21:15, "FIM4L on behalf of Shillum, Chris (ELS-NYC)" <fim4l-bounces at lists.daasi.de<mailto:fim4l-bounces at lists.daasi.de> on behalf of c.shillum at elsevier.com<mailto:c.shillum at elsevier.com>> wrote:

Hi All

My name’s Chris Shillum. I’m VP of Identity Management and Platform Strategy at Elsevier, looking after Elsevier’s access management system among other things. I’m also a member of the SeamlessAccess.org governance group and we co-chair of the RA21 project.

I’ve been involved in federated authentication for many years and looking forward for joining the discussions of this group

Happy for my name and affiliation to be published on the website.

Cheers
Chris

Chris Shillum
VP Identity and Platform Strategy