[Fim4l] Elsevier Federated Authentication changes (was RE: Hello and brief intro)

Koren, Meshna (ELS-AMS) M.Koren at elsevier.com
Wed Sep 18 00:22:23 CEST 2019

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your question.

We are not going to change our metadata in the federations.

Elsevier SP requires an entitlements attribute through some federations but not all. The reason we don't require it through all federations, yet, is our historical implementation and the fact if we start requiring it from all IdPs, those that aren't able to release it would lose access. We would like to require it as a rule but that is currently just not possible. Adding an entitlement attribute as a requirement to our metadata when we aren't able to honor it would be misleading.

Elsevier SP recommends the release of ePTID or a Persistent NameID that is being used for personalization. We recommend its release but we don't require it.

We don't need any other user attributes and those are that being sent to us are just being ignored.

Kind regards,
Meshna

Meshna Koren

Associate Product Manager
Product Management - Identity and Platform - Research Products

Elsevier BV
Radarweg 29, Amsterdam 1043 NX, The Netherlands
m.koren at elsevier.com