[Fim4l] Survey for people working in IT or library in higher education and research

Raoul Teeuwen raoul.teeuwen at surfnet.nl
Mon Feb 10 08:21:32 CET 2020

Hi all.

As employee of Dutch NREN SURF, i'm currenlty a member of the Seamless
Access Outreach team.

Seamless Access, the non-profit that is trying to improve ways students
etc access publisher content (and maybe more), would like to better
understand the knowledge and use of federated technology in libraries
and IT at institutions. For that, they would like people from IT and
libraries to fill out the a short survey.

Could you help get this out to institutions in as many countries and
institutions, ideally to someone/people that help get the below message
not only in the hands of either IT or library, but both?

Thank you.

Raoul.

Hello.

This message is relevant for people that work in institutions for higher
education and research, all over the world, both people from the library
department and IT department. Is that you: please read on. Not you?
Please forward this message to a colleague, relevant mailing list where
the intended audience meets etc

Over the last couple of years, many things have changed around how
students and researchers access publisher content. Access based on
IP-address doesn’t suffice anymore. Seamless Access
<https://seamlessaccess.org/>, a non-profit collaboration of librarians,
HigherEd IT and publishers,  is trying to improve current access challenges.

Understanding the situation in institutions helps Seamless Access
deliver the best solutions. They hope as many people from institutions
around the world fill out:

a) a short questionnaire for people working in a library in an
institution for higher education or research:
https://bostoncollege.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0Cbp6fmldW3iLFb

b) a short questionnaire for  people working in IT in an institution for
higher education or research:
https://bostoncollege.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0Vv0iXWMLZMd9VH

We hope you fill out a survey right away as not to forget it, but you
can send in your entry until March 27th. Thank you very much for your
time and cooperation.

In case you want to know where we have shared these surveys, please see
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ShPEhqrUMeBbN9ggC1N0y1rMucSNtob0SDym2uJQcnw/edit?usp=sharing.

Thank you for your time and cooperation, with kindest regards,

Seamless Access.