[Fim4l] Reasonable lenght of SP's session

Koren, Meshna (ELS-AMS) M.Koren at elsevier.com
Tue Feb 25 12:19:32 CET 2020

Dear all,

I have another question which I posted on another thread earlier...

>From the library's perspective, what is a reasonable time for an SP to maintain a session for a user?

It would have been possible for Elsevier to maintain a session for any lenght of time - but is that desirable by the libraries? Should we confirm with the library that a user is still affiliated with it whenever a user wants to access the service (such as ScienceDirect)? Or every day? Every week? Every month? Every 6 months?

Thanks,
Meshna

Meshna Koren

Associate Product Manager
Product Management - Identity and Access - Research Products

Elsevier BV
Radarweg 29, Amsterdam 1043 NX, The Netherlands
m.koren at elsevier.com<mailto:m.koren at elsevier.com>

Federated Access - SAML, Shibboleth, Corporate SSO, OpenAthens, Institutional Login