[Fim4l] Question about library/publisher reporting

Bernd Oberknapp bo at ub.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jul 17 01:12:48 CEST 2020

On 17.07.20 00:09, Peter Schober wrote:
 > * Bernd Oberknapp <bo at ub.uni-freiburg.de> [2020-07-16 19:14]:
 >> the COUNTER_SUSHI API usually is used for application to application
 >> communication, so I'm wondering why SAML should be considered for
this case.
 >> Which libraries/consortia have suggested this and what is their use
case?

 > I think the simple idea what for the IDP to send /something/ along to
 > the SP so that the SP can produce aggregated reports based on the
 > /somethings/ recieved by the IDP, ultimately providing the IDP with
 > meaningful-to-the-IDP aggregated reports by the /somthings/ the sent
 > along for different parts of their community.
 > -peter

My understand was that this wasn't about the reporting but about the
APO. As already mentioned sending information to the publisher and then
breaking down the COUNTER reports by that information already would be
possible for the COUNTER Master Reports, so all we would have to do is
to agree on what attribute should be used and, if enough publishers
agree to implement this, to suggest a common extension for the COUNTER
reports for breaking the usage down (similar to the Institution_Name and
Customer_ID extensions defined in section 11.5 of the Code of Practice
which allow to break reports for consortia down by members). There would
be no need to change the COUNTER reports or the COUNTER_SUSHI API for
this purpose.

Best regards,
Bernd

--
Bernd Oberknapp
Gesamtleitung ReDI

Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
Universitätsbibliothek
Platz der Universität 2 | Postfach 1629
D-79098 Freiburg        | D-79016 Freiburg

Telefon:  +49 761 203-3852
Telefax:  +49 761 203-3987
E-Mail:   bo at ub.uni-freiburg.de
Internet: www.ub.uni-freiburg.de