[Fim4l] World is not covered with NREN's and good AAI

Romy Beard romy.beard at eifl.net
Wed Nov 18 15:31:35 CET 2020

Dear Maarten,

Thanks - those are exactly the people that we're in touch with.

In the conversations we have been involved in (including Geant, Nrens from
those countries, and representatives from the library consortia that EIFL
works with) it has become clear that the two 'sides' (Nren's and library
consortia/librarians) don't always speak the same 'language' and there was
a lot of talking past each other (it seemed to me). One of the issues, as
Irakli from the Georgian consortium (who joined the call this
morning) explained is that they need help with the technical
implementation (setting up a database for identity management, as well as
saml configuration to allow connection with Edugain/the national Nren). It
seems that the local Nrens have so far not been able to help with this. The
discussions within that group are continuing, we have identified the need
for training and the representative of Geant has spoken about training days
early 2020 (for the Nrens). But we felt that there might also be a need for
training of the librarians/IT staff to help with these issues.

Our next call with the Eap connect group is early December.

Thanks
Romy

*Romy Beard*
Licensing Programme Manager
Mob: 0044 75 902 900 64
romy.beard at eifl.net | Skype: romy352
*EIFL* - Electronic Information for Libraries
Sign up <https://eifl.net/sign-up> for the EIFL newsletter!
www.eifl.net <https://eifl.net> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/eIFL.net> | Twitter <https://twitter.com/EIFLnet>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/eiflnet>